There are many who consider that the only thing necessary to develop in the fashion industry is creativity; However, to grow in entrepreneurship in the fashion sector you will need more than just creative talent, but also skills in commercial, business and, of course, innovation strategies to be able to make a difference in this wide world. Read more about Most sustainable Clothing Brands here.
An important growth for your business in the fashion industry
Procolombia’s figures for the period of 2017 were promising because at least 1.1 million people started their companies in Bogotá, something that begins in education… Did you know that Colombia is ranked 35 in the international education system what motivates business creation? As well as it is also in position 4 in the region.
A task that should take time
As we told you before, it is not a simple task, for this type of undertaking you must have knowledge in the sector that goes beyond the skills of designing clothing collections, because as in another sector, you will need to know the areas Keys to success ranging from skills in marketing, public relations and finance.
The advantage of Bogotá is that it has an incredible offer of 15.8% of the GDP contributed to the sector; Furthermore, in the Colombian capital, there is plenty of talent, don’t you think?
5 keys to growing your business in the fashion industry with the best tips
Definitely, when it comes to entrepreneurship in the fashion sector, you should feel passion in everything related to this versatile sector; For that reason, if you want your venture in the textile industry to rise to success, follow these tips:
1. Seek to be different : surely you already know, but the fashion industry is very big; for that reason, you must develop yourself in a niche in which you can make a difference. For example: if you have created a shoe empire, find a way to make it different and unique. Your creativity, along with innovation, will have a better value proposition.
2. Discover what your market is like : the passion in this fashion sector can be temporary, so you should bear in mind that this business industry tends to change because fashion companies face new challenges every day. Knowing your market and your consumer very well will give you the advantage of always being ahead of changes. Check that your collection is always adapted to the season.
3. Work hard : Lina Cantillo is a Barranquilla woman who has a 15-year career in men’s fashion and her advice is extremely valuable to the industry: “My advice to emerging designers and designers in expansion processes is to work hard . It is the only way, to be there and be a micro-entrepreneur and micro-manager and constantly review everything and follow up on your entire company step by step. You have to micromanage everything. Be on top and work ”.
4. Identify the different distribution channels : do you think you can go beyond just having a store with your designs? Opt for the other options such as an e-commerce or social networks that can increase the number of sales more and more. Take into account that you must have a friendly, attractive and easy-to-use website so that you can have good profits.
5. Design quality products : for your venture to last over time, you must choose the materials correctly. To be of good quality, it will be ideal to evaluate the different suppliers and choose the one that best suits your business.