Have you tried going to spas and massage centers? Have you tried giving different parts of your body a chocolate massage? Massage is one way of alleviating pain, relaxing and rejuvenating ourselves after long hours of work at the office and at school. To know more about the benefits of chocolate massage, read the article below.
For years, men and women go to sauna and massage parlors to have massage treatment using oils, lotions, powder and other essences. Through the years, dermatologists and scientists have discovered new ingredients and formulations for use in massage parlors and spas like mud, gold, honey and oatmeal. Are you aware of the latest hype in sauna parlors and massage centers nowadays? Did you know that chocolate is not only used as comfort food but in massage parlors as well.
We already know that chocolate is one food that dieters should hinder from eating to prevent gaining additional pounds. We also know that chocolates have the ability to remove menstrual pain and to prevent drowsiness. Aside from preventing heart diseases, it is also a rich source of antioxidants needed in preventing chronic fatigue, cancer and hardening of the arteries.
Apart from these advantages to your health, dermatologists also discovered that chocolate is advantageous to use in massaging our body because of its high antioxidant levels, tryptophan, minerals and vitamins which are good to the skin. Studies show that the chemical substances found in chocolate lets you relax and feel good, comparable to eating chocolates.
Benefits of using chocolate on the skin include:
- Did you know that the theobromine content of chocolate helps burn fat and eliminate unwanted cellulite.
- Its polyphenol contains anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties.
- It contains glycerides which contain lipids and fats used to moisturize, to plump and to firm your skin.
- It contains calcium, potassium and magnesium needed for cell renewal and growth.
- It has a calming effect that reduces stress and makes your muscles feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
- It reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and stretch marks.
- It improves the texture of your skin.
- It removes harmful radicals caused by exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun, dust, wind and other harmful substances found in the air.
- It leaves your skin glowing, fresh and younger looking.
How is chocolate massage done?
The first thing that masseurs do is they warm the chocolate before using it during the massage. Massage therapists sometimes incorporate warmed massage oil to thin the chocolate.
In massage parlors or spas, customers are given the option to choose which procedure they want to have, like chocolate facials, body wrap or complete chocolate massage package.
In the chocolate facials, masseurs place thin coat of chocolate on the face before massaging. This procedure is known to plump the skin, to erase lines in the skin and to make the skin look younger.
In chocolate body wrap, massage therapists use dark chocolate oil in massaging the body. They wrap the body with foil to allow the properties of chocolate to seep into the skin.